Friday, May 8, 2009

A Vegetable Garden Journey Part 3

The beds have been filled with dirt.

My little seedlings were not 100% successful.  About a third died and many of the rest don't seem to be growing much.  I even broke down and bought a few replacement plants.  

I decided to plant everything I had left and see what happens.  I never claimed to be good at this!  What I lack in proficiency I make up for in enthusiasm. . . too bad you can't eat enthusiasm.

Obviously I have a lot of work to do to make my garden look lovely, but at least they are functional.  We plan on putting a couple more beds against the garage . . .as soon as Rob doesn't remember how much work the other five were! 

In the meantime, let's just hope my plants don't get eaten by the bunnies . . .and deer. . . and birds. . .and bugs. . .and moles.  

No comments: