Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Room For Quiet . .

There has been a shocking lack of activity in the project department around here of late. But this weekend we plan to change all of that. We have decided to take on a fairly ambitious project that will, hopefully, bring me some quiet this summer. . .A tree house. In theory, the girls will love it so much they will live out there and my house will stay clean and quiet! I will let you know how that pans out.

In the meantime, here is a pic that resembles where we are going with this project. . .(minus the camo paint job).


And here is the spot we intend to work our magic.



It won't actually be built in a tree, just on posts about five feet off the ground, maybe six. But it's surrounded by trees and will give the illusion of being up in the trees once completed. . .we hope. And since we decided to do this instead of the Costco playground we are adding a slide out the side. And if Rob can work it out, a zip line.


Oh, we did do one little thing. We fixed the rope swing so it wouldn't spin. There is something idyllic about a good rope swing, from a tall tree, on a warm summer day.







If you have any suggestions let me know. (Although I have updated this site so infrequently I am not sure anyone is actually reading it anymore so I may just be talking to myself--but that's never stopped me before!)

No comments: