Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Hint of Turquoise


Hannah has been begging for a blue room for a while now. I actually painted her room the same color as the rest of the house last year, which was a taupy off white. But no, she wanted blue. Recently we found some pretty bedding at Target that she loved. It has a light blue turquoise blue quilt and a white comforter with coordinating pillow shams. So I bought it and took it straight to the paint store to match the paint for the walls.

She was so excited she took pictures of me painting her room:


At first it almost seemed to be white, but as the paint dried, a hint of fresh blue appeared.


That dresser will have to go. . .


I even painted the ceiling. . . the chandelier is staying. I brought it from the last house.


The shelves are staying. . .


The color brightened up the room and set the tone for the new look. I can't wait to pull it all together.

No comments: