Sunday, August 23, 2009

It's A Boy!. . .and A Girl!



So my sister finally had her first baby after YEARS of trying to get pregnant. . . and he arrived in time to come to his own shower. My mom and I put the shower together and I wanted it to be something special.She named him Gideon and I just happened to find a book about a caterpillar named Gideon to base the shower around. I also had the guests sign the book at the shower with notes to Dawnette. Someone did that for me when I had my first daughter and I loved it.

I took inspiration from the book to make the invitations.


We sort of shared the shower with Dawnette's step daughter who is also expecting and was due a few weeks after Dawnette. She was having a girl (Nevaeh - she had her Wednesday, August 19), so I found a book with butterflies (to keep with the theme) and did a girly butterfly counterpart to all the Gideon caterpillar stuff.

I made banners for each of the babies:


And I made a cupcake tower with cupcake flags for each baby:


But the piece de resistance was the cake pops:

I made little caterpillars out of fondant to grace the blue cake pops:


. . . and candy melt butterflies to adorn the yellow cake pops:


And once they were assembled-- with a few little flowers to dress them up:


They were so darn cute you almost didn't want to eat them:




Most people actually took theirs home covered in little plastic bags and tied with ribbon:


And when everyone was gone I took what was left of the goods and assembled a few upside down cake pops just for fun:


. . . and then I took a bagillion pictures of my adorable nephew:



Almost as many pictures as I took of the cake pops!

Welcome Home Gideon & Nevaeh!

No comments: