Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Is Too Much Blue Too Much Blue?


So if you've been coming here a while you might have gotten that I love white and blue. I use them a lot in my house. I have blue depression glass dishes in my kitchen and a blue rug in my family room. My bedroom is a gray blue with white and navy blue bedding. My laundry room is the same blue gray. And, of course, I am just finishing Hannah's room which is pale turquoise blue and white.


I now need to finish up Signe's Room.


It has all the bedding I made when she was two with the furniture that she has had since birth--except the beds, which we made when she was two (notice the "H" and "S" on the headboards)--back when the girls shared a room in the last house.


Now she has both beds in her tiny room.


Which works great, because half the time both girls either sleep in the two twin beds in Signe's room . . . or they both sleep in Hannah's full bed in her room.


Now I just need to paint Sig's room and make curtains and hang things. Now the color is beige. . .kind of an orange toned beige. It's fine. It's not really working for me.


In her last room the walls were wainscoted and had a light taupey green on the bottom and a yellowy cream on the top. I loved it.


I think I want to go a different direction here.


I am thinking the same light turquoise that I used in Hannah's room. (See previous post)


I am not pulling this out of nowhere. That exact blue is in her bedding. . . (it's there--I promise!)


Plus I recently bought these cute 8 X 10 alphabet cards with flowers on them and want to hang four above each bed--framed in white frames.


Some of these have blues in them too.


And those curtains--the ones that came with the house--will likely go.


I actually have fabric that matches the little pinkish plaid pillow on the bed and was thinking I would do a pleated roman shade--you know the kind that sort of poofs a little when pulled up because of the extra fabric in the pleat?


What do you think? Can I pull off the blue? If you hate it, help me out and suggest something else.

2 comments:

tiarastantrums said...

just gorgeous- what color of blue are you thinking??

Jenni said...

I am thinking the same blue as her sister's walls (in the previous post) but her room feels so warm now, I am afraid the cool pale nearly turquoise blue with make it feel cool and conflict with her bedding and furniture--that blue IS in her bedding though. Or it could be an interesting mix.