Friday, August 27, 2010

Paper Pleasures

I have never been a big scrapbooker.  I have, in fact, completed three scrapbook pages ever.  But, I do like paper crafts on occasion.  It really is amazing what you can do with paper.  For instance, have you seen the things in the gallery at Anthropologie.com lately? My aspiration are much lower.

It really started when I bought a paper wreath at an antique store on my birthday.  

Then I saw a picture of a wreath like the one in my last post and I decided to make it.

Yesterday I attempted to recreate the one I bought.  It didn't really turn out the same. . .




But I sort of like mine better!

I started with a foam wreath again.



Then I rolled pages out of an old yellowed dictionary.

First one row all lined up around the ring, attached at the back.



Then two more rows glued down over the top.



Then I felt like it really needed something.  So I added some tissue paper rosettes.  Just like the fabric ones I made for Hannah's friend's birthday necklace.  It's all a matter of twisting and twirling and periodic/strategic gluing.  



I have to say I quite like it.  



Who knew books were so much fun without actually reading them!

No comments: