Tuesday, May 13, 2008

All the Lovely Kitchens . . .

I am in the process of getting cabinet bids for my pending kitchen remodel. I have a very specific idea of what I want and here are a few pictures that inspired my vision. I absolutely love white flush inlay kitchen cabinets and subway tile back splashes. And I must have a farmhouse sink. My counter top of choice is soapstone, but I may end up with solid black granite--I'm not a fan of granite, but my husband likes it and it is more economical. But what really grabs my attention is the details, the arched toe kicks, the double height cabinets, the crown at the top, decorative legs, and vintage looking hardware and lighting.

Veranda - July/August 2006

I love the chunky leg and arched valance under the island. If I had room for an island I would very nearly copy this one.

Home - October 2004

I love the bead board ceiling on this kitchen and the next. Plus the main counters are soapstone. I love the combo of soapstone on the main counters and marble on the island, but I will have no island.

House Beautiful - October 2007

I also have a thing for white dishes so I am excited about having a few glass front cabinets to show off my lovely collection. Let's just hope my fabulous kitchen makes it out of my imagination and into my house very soon.



1 comment:

The House That A-M Built said...

A woman after my own heart! I have my 2nd appointment with my kitchen designers this morning! I am designing a kitchen similar to your wish list... very different to the norm here in Australia... I love all the little details too...just have to restrain a bit... haven't got the price estimate yet! A-M xx