Thursday, May 22, 2008

Outdoor Living . . .


When spring gets underway and the weather warms up I tend to drop whatever I am doing indoors and head outside. I may be in the middle of planning a kitchen remodel, but all I can think about is what I am doing to my landscaping. I scour my magazines for inspiration and only watch HGTV when they are airing landscaping. I have to curb my desire to run out and buy plants and stone and lovely outdoor furniture. My current projects are my garden, my side yard, my front yard and a pergola off my back patio. I haven't done much yet, but here a start on my pergola. . .
A pergola I love.

I tore this out of a magazine years ago and I can't remember where.

Another great pergola. . . .


Veranda May/June 2007


So far I have planted a chocolate vine on my pergola and a row of Rhodies beside it under my family room windows. . .


The area directly under the pergola is grass. I want to put square stones under it with grass between them. I will post pics as I make more progress.

No comments: