Tuesday, December 23, 2008

On the 22nd Day of Christmas. . .

. . . we were snowed in all day.  So Rob and I had a bake off.   I made two candies and he made one.  The goal was to see who could produce a better treat.  Technically, if you take a family vote (and add the stray friend or two) Rob won with his Perfect Penuche

 
I think my White Almond Fudge was equally as yummy.  


We all agreed, however, that I have yet to master the English Toffee.  Try as I may, it always comes out sugary.  

I cannot begrudge him his little victory, though.  It has been years of attempts (made entirely during the Christmas season) that has finally resulted in the Perfect Penuche recipe.  I will have to continue my quest for the perfect English Toffee recipe.  

We also spent hours on the golf course hill sledding.  For a glimpse at the fun we had go HERE.

No comments: