Friday, December 5, 2008

On the Fifth Day of Christmas. . .

. . . we made homemade cards.

Hannah made cards to put on Christmas gifts. . .


She used hole punches--round and snowflake shaped--and a silver markers to dress them up.


. . .and Sig made cards to put on our neighbor gifts--for when we get around to doing neighbor gifts.  They were really cute and she did them completely unassisted.  I love her ingenuity.  She decided they needed ribbons so she found some, cut it into small strips, looped them through the hole punch and attached the ends with glue dots.  They turned out pretty cute. . .


And I tried out some cute 3-D cards I saw in a magazine recently.  I don't know what I will use them for, but they turned out cute. 

One of the things I loved about where we used to live was the neighbor gifts.  Everyone gave them and they were all so varied.  I loved trying to come up with something creative.  We would receive anything from cookies, to personalized chapstick, to chips and homemade salsa, or homemade spice mixes.  We were always filled with anticipation to come home and see what had been left on our doorstep each night.  For the last few years I have done the same thing.  We will be doing them in another week or so.

Do you give neighbor gifts, and if so, what do you do?

No comments: